Please join the Pennsylvania Nurse Residency Collaborative (PA-NRC) for its 5th Annual Educational Summit on Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM at the Harrisburg Hilton. This event is open to all and will be free of charge. You do not need to be a member of the PA-NRC to join!
The PA-NRC was established in 2016 as a partnership of the Pennsylvania Action Coalition and Vizient, Inc. to implement residency programs in Pennsylvania and to provide an additional layer of support. All hospitals and health systems in Pennsylvania that have purchased the Vizient/AACN PA-Nurse Residency Program (NRP) are members of the PA-NRC. Click here to learn more about the PA-NRC.
- 2.75 NCPD contact hours are available and will not require a registration fee.
*Registration for the PONL Conference must be completed separately from the PA-NRC Summit.
- Articulate the one-year retention benefit of a nurse residency program.
- Explain the residency program variables that lead to new nurse turnover.
- State how the evidence-based practice project contributes to institution return on investment.
|6:30 AM - 7:00 AM
|Breakfast and Networking
|7:00 AM - 7:15 AM
||Welcome and About the Pennsylvania Action Coalition
|7:15 AM - 8:00 AM
||Retention: A Signature Return on Investment
|8:00 AM - 8:45 AM
|9:45 AM - 9:00 AM
|9:00 AM - 9:40 AM
||Return on Investment: The Evidence Based Practice Project
|9:40 AM - 10:20 AM
||Nurse Resident Evidence Based Practice Project Presentations
|10:20 AM - 10:30 AM
- The Pennsylvania Action Coalition and the National Nurse-Led Care Consortium are collaborating to provide nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) contact hours for the educational activity entitled “The PA Nurse Residency Collaborative 5th Annual Educational Summit: You Can Have It All: Your Nurse Residency Program Return on Investment."
- Nurses completing the entire activity and the evaluation tool may be awarded a maximum of 2.75 NCPD contact hours.
- The National Nurse-Led Care Consortium is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Join us the night before the PA- NRC Summit on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm for a networking dinner at Bacco Pizzeria and Wine Bar, located across from the Hilton Harrisburg. Small plates, pizza, and a cash bar will be available. When registering for the Summit, you will be able to RSVP for the networking dinner.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about the event. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jilian Bohn, Public Health Project Coordinator with the Pennsylvania Action Coalition at .