Wednesday (5/12), CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended Pfizer's COVID vaccine for adolescents age 12-15 years. Providers may begin vaccinating adolescents with Pfizer's COVID vaccine.
What you need to know about the clinical trial:
- Pfizer's COVID vaccine was 100% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID in adolescents.
- No serious side effects were reported for participants.
- Other childhood and adolescent vaccines can be administered at the same time as the COVID vaccine.
What you can tell parents: (CDC Guidance)
- Studies show that COVID vaccines are safe and effective.
- The COVID vaccines have been used under the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history, including studies in adolescents.
- Your child will need a second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine 3 weeks after their first shot.
- Your child can’t get COVID from any COVID vaccine, including the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
Stay Connected with Nurse-Led Care