You are your child's first and most important teacher.
The Mabel Morris Family Home Visit Program is a voluntary, no-cost program for Philadelphia families with children ages five and under. Our registered nurses partner with caregivers to understand and celebrate the strengths and goals they have for their children and suggest activities, strategies, resources, and encouragement to match. This collaboration builds families' "toolboxes" of tools in growing school ready, lifetime learners.
Enrolled families can expect:
- Twice monthly visits from your children’s nurse. This looks like playtime, conversations on parenting, and connection to resources to help family’s meet their goals. Visits can take place in your home or community.
- Support navigating the Early Childhood Pre-K and Kindergarten enrollment processes to find the best school opportunities for your family.
- Health and development screenings to ensure the needs of any enrolled child are identified and supported when necessary.
- Connection to resources that support your goals, which may include civil legal services, mental health support, or concrete needs support.
- Optional, free monthly events virtually and in person geared towards safe, healthy family fun around Philadelphia.
Do you know a family who could benefit from our services? Please click the button below, complete the PDF form, and email it to .
Refer a client to Mabel Morris
- The family must reside in the city of Philadelphia.
- Household income must be below 250% of the federal poverty level.
- The enrolled caregiver and children must be available for 60 minute visits twice a month between 8:30am and 5:30pm.
- Families are eligible to enroll prenatally to six months before the youngest child starts Kindergarten.